[xml-dev] unique attribute id - to use method getElementById() onDocument

Hi,

I want to use the method getElementById( String elementId) on Document
object.

How can I specify that a particular attibute of an element is an unique ID
to a DOM parser?

For eg:

 < Book isbn="1234">
	<name>abc</name>
</Book>

Here for Book element I want to specify isbn as an unique attribute.
I want to retrieve Book elements using getElementById(...) method.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Sanjeev