RE: [xml-dev] [Fwd: W3C ridiculous new policy on patents]

To be fair, you don't have to ignore W3C work "entirely", only that part of
its *future* output that is explicitly produced by WG's operating under RAND
rules rather than RF rules.  The only current Recommendation that seems to
be potentially affected by this is SVG ... or perhaps the SVG people chose
to operate under at least the potential that various contributors had
enforceable patents on bits of the SVG technology, I don't claim to
understand all this very well.