RE: [xml-dev] [Fwd: W3C ridiculous new policy on patents]

Please explain why it is a Good Thing for PDF to be an ISO standard,
encumbered as it is by Adobe's patent.  The cynic in me thinks this good for
Adobe, so that PDF is a "legal" standard for purposes of government
contracts, and convenient for the people who have invested in PDF technology
... but not a model that the Web ought to emulate.