Re: [xml-dev] Conversational XML

On Thursday 04 October 2001 18:39, Mike Moran wrote:
> I was just having a quick look at VoiceXML[1] and also Didiers article
> on it[2] and it struck me that this could be generalised slightly to
> `Conversation XML'. For example, why couldn't the conversation described
> in a VoiceXML document be done over IRC or Jabber? Are there any
> existing initiatives going in this direction?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but if my memory doesn't betray me totally
I remember hearing of someone filtering an IRC conversation to VoiceXML and
use that later in a Text To Speech system. Google might help you there,
though I was personally unlucky.

Robin Berjon <robin@knowscape.com> -- CTO
k n o w s c a p e : // venture knowledge agency www.knowscape.com
Design a system that even an idiot will be able to use, and only an
idiot will want to use it.