Re: [xml-dev] Ambiguous Content Model

> The ambiguity comes from a restriction which lets us use simple state machines
> to implement parsing a content model: we read one element and decide which
> state to go to next.

To be precise, the ambiguity comes from a restriction which lets us use
"simple algorithm" to compile DTD representation into a simple state
machine.

The "simple state machine" itself, known as automaton, is capable of
handling these content models without any problem.

regards,
K.Kawaguchi
E-Mail: kohsukekawaguchi@yahoo.com