[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[xml-dev] CATALOGs versus RDDL
- From: Rick Jelliffe <email@example.com>
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 14:28:01 +1000
I am interested in any opinion in how to integrate CATALOGs and RDDL in the same system. Sun has Norm Walsh's Jar, and rddl.org has Jonathon Bordon's Jar.
When an application tries to find the schema or other resources for a document, it seems that it should
1) look for locally cached versions or defaults that matches the namespace, else
2) check for any specific catalog entry, using any hints such as xsi:schemaLocation
or the namespace.
3) If 1) or 2) return a RDDL directory, then dereference that accordingly.
Does that seem about right?