[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[xml-dev] Re: Latest version of MSV
- From: Michael Fitzgerald <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: email@example.com
- Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 23:04:09 -0400
I did not see a previous thread to this mail or a link to the MSV site, so if you want to download the latest version, here it is:
Personally, I really like the inovation of being able to validate schemas in three languages from a single point.
> I wonder if you would send a little description to the XML-DEV
> mailing list about what has changed in the new beta of MSV?
> There were no release notes with the beta (you must be over-worked
> already!) and I think it would be interesting and useful. (Please feel
> free to quote my request on any response to XML-DEV, so it does
> not seem that you are being self-promoting.)
> Cheers, and congratulations on the new beta
Thank you very much for the interest, and I'm sorry for not including
the release note in the distribution package.
Here are the important changes:
* enhanced the support for RELAX NG
- removed support for key/keyref.
- implemented <except> clause
* enhanced the support for DTD
- fixed some critical bugs
* enhanced the support for XML Schema.
- forward reference of simple types are supported
- @block is properly implemented
- internal grammar representation now exposes many schema component
- identity constraints are implemented properly
- this includes a significant change in the way MSV keeps XML Schema
* added support for Sun Entity and URI Resolver to the command-line tool
This makes it possible to provide a catalog via a command line option
to resolve external entities.
* added com.sun.msv.verifier.psvi package to report the type-information
to application. Supported for all schema languages.
* datatype implementation now supports the conversion between strings and
* changed the packaging. Now MSV consists of many small jars.
* Support for JARV (the org.iso_relax.verifier package,
http://iso-relax.sourceforge.net/apiDoc) is extended. JARV is now the
primary interface to use MSV.
* Modified com.sun.msv.verifier.Acceptor to better serve special
applications (like XML editors that needs error highlighting.)
* added some examples
* added the source code, although it's not the open source.
* Other miscellaneous bug fixes, usability enhancements.
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems firstname.lastname@example.org
The xml-dev list is sponsored by XML.org <http://www.xml.org>, an
initiative of OASIS <http://www.oasis-open.org>
The list archives are at http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/
To subscribe or unsubscribe from this elist use the subscription