Re: [xml-dev] Adam Bosworth on XML and W3C

 From: "Don Park" <donpark@docuverse.com>

> HTML 4 spec is big, but its like a buffet.  One is not forced to eat all of
> it in order to make use of it.  In comparison, XML Schema spec is like a
> large rock rolling down the learning curve. - Don

Without getting into the pros and cons of XML Schemas in particular
(and a lot of the bulk  is certainly because the validation outcomes
are so fully categorized and enumerated, which can be distinguished
from conceptual and verbal difficulty), I think Don is correct to
bring up the learning curve.

The true learning curve is not just XML Schemas. It is XML Schemas
+ XML + namespaces + little XPath + infoset.   For people who
just live in the infoset + DOM world, the effictive complexity of XML Schemas
may be smaller.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe