[xml-dev] Access the IXMLDOMNode's "attribute" property

When I go to a element with this code:

' Load XML

set objXML = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument")

objXML.async = False

objXML.load Server.MapPath("curprijs.xml")

Then I can see number of attributes with this command for example (FIRST ACCESS):

Response.Write   objXML.documentElement.attributes.length

But if I send the object to a function doing this…:

Response.Write aTree(objXML.documentElement)

… where aTree is a function like this (SECOND ACCESS):

function aTree(pNode)

            if pNode.attributes.length>0 then

                        ‘dosomething

            end if

            …and.so.on…

            end function

è Then I get a server ASP-processing error saying: Object required: 'pNode.attributes'

Why is this? What is the difference between the FIRST access to the attributes-collection and the SECOND?

Any hints would be greatly appreciated!!

Stephan,

Stephan van Ingen

Boeretangsedreef 29

2400 Mol

+32(0)14/32.68.55 (home)

+32(0)473/271.584 (cell)

+32(0)3/218.06.38 (work)

Stephan.van.Ingen@advalvas.be

http://www.stephanvaningen.net

The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners.