Re: [xml-dev] Access the IXMLDOMNode's "attribute" property

I ran essentially the same script, and it worked fine. Here's my version
(test1.asp):

<%
' Load XML
set objXML = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument")
objXML.async = False
objXML.load Server.MapPath("myXml.xml")
Response.Write objXML.documentElement.attributes.length
Response.Write aTree(objXML.documentElement)

function aTree(pNode)
    if pNode.attributes.length>0 then
        aTree = "<br>pNode.attributes.length is not zero"
    end if
end function
%>

Can't see why yours wouldn't work.

Jim

--- "Stephan van Ingen, thuis" <stephan.van.ingen@advalvas.be> wrote:
> When I go to a element with this code:
> ' Load XML
> set objXML = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument")
> objXML.async = False
> objXML.load Server.MapPath("curprijs.xml")
>
> Then I can see number of attributes with this command for example (FIRST
> ACCESS):
> Response.Write   objXML.documentElement.attributes.length
>
> But if I send the object to a function doing this…:
> Response.Write aTree(objXML.documentElement)
>
> … where aTree is a function like this (SECOND ACCESS):
> function aTree(pNode)
>             if pNode.attributes.length>0 then
>                         ‘dosomething
>             end if
>             …and.so.on…
>             end function
>
> ==> Then I get a server ASP-processing error saying: Object required:
> 'pNode.attributes'
>
> Why is this? What is the difference between the FIRST access to the
> attributes-collection and the SECOND?
>
> Any hints would be greatly appreciated!!
>
> Stephan,
>
> Stephan van Ingen
> Boeretangsedreef 29
> 2400 Mol
> +32(0)14/32.68.55 (home)
> +32(0)473/271.584 (cell)
> +32(0)3/218.06.38 (work)
> Stephan.van.Ingen@advalvas.be
> http://www.stephanvaningen.net

> The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
> they start making vacuum cleaners.

=====
Jim Ancona
jim@anconafamily.com                     jancona@xevo.com