Re: [xml-dev] Access the IXMLDOMNode's "attribute" property

This is not really a DOM question, but an MSXML/vbscript/COM question; these
are probably better asked elsewhere.

I don't know what the exact problem is, but having worked extensively with
MSXML, I can say that it seems familiar. I've always been able to work
around it by changing which objects get assigned their own variable and
which ones are merely 'transited' via a series of methods.

For instance, instead of accessing "pNode.attributes.length", try
set atts = pNode.attributes
if ( atts.length ) ...

While you're at it, you can put in an assert that 'atts' is a properly
initialized object. Maybe the 'attributes' property returns a null
sometimes.

-Wayne Steele