RE: [xml-dev] More patent funnies!

On Tue, 2001-10-16 at 17:27, Champion, Mike wrote:
> Isn't that why God (or maybe it was Satan) created contingency fees?
> I presume that there are plenty of lawyers willing to invest a few million $
> order to make a few billion $?

I suspect those lawyers are good at calculating odds, and have some
means of figuring their chances against a huge well-funded legal
operation.

I haven't heard of a lot of patent lawyers operating on contingency
fees.  Maybe that's just because the patent lawyers I've known are
corporate lawyers (and have better things to focus on than software
patents), but I can't say I see ads for "no legal fees" popping up on
Slashdot.

--
Simon St.Laurent
"Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue