Re: [xml-dev] XML for Video, Pizza Shops & TakeOut

David Lyon wrote:

> Cool stuff Marcus. Like a Linux console in my car that notifies me when the
> pizza is cooked or my video is ready.

Sort of like WAP you mean?

> (GPS car devices are selling in record
> numbers in the U.S. presently) Why not a pizza xml link for them.

Homing pizzas - you might be on to something...

> There's money in Techno gizmos. Problem is now there's so few cool xml gizmos
> as far as I'm aware. Gizmos have been the only growth area in PC hardware
> sales for the last 2 or so years. People love them gizmos.

Not me - I won't even carry my mobile phone unless pestered.

> It seems that the old policy of locking programmers in rooms to code has
> resulted in a world where there are so few cool gizmos being developed
> anymore. It's such a shame.

The rules of economics govern the development of gizmos, just as they govern the
development of most things. Perhaps we're nearing gizmo critical mass - I for one
am not looking forward to getting a geshtunkita ray gun/language translator in my
Christmas stocking.

> But I may well be wrong. I still reckon there are plenty of cool xml gizmos
> to make but so few people to make them.

Best of luck...

--
Regards,