Re: [xml-dev] XML for Video, Pizza Shops & TakeOut

Interesting point. If one had a a distributed processing protocol (rather
than a static protocol like the web), a gps unit could feed geo location out
to all the other nodes.

The real problem is that http was never designed to be able to do this and
isn't able to multicast.

The communications mechanisms that have been chosen for XML seem to be the
ones that are least suited to it's practical use in the field.

imho: xml should have it's own realtime protocol that allows it to do all the
cool travelling, commerce and realtime functions that it is so often put up
for. And not be lumbered with HTTP or SOAP which is slow, cumbersome and
requires multi-month development efforts to make anything happen.

I've worked with XML and GPS. It's great. Of course, when the satelites are
off (used to happen) one has a feeling of being quite lost !

> Does the pizza shop owner use COM?

Not usually, after a shift it's almost always SOAP.

David