[xml-dev] Problem in XML Schema.

Hi,

I am facing a problem in validating a xml with schema. I need to write schema which supports attributes for leaf elements. Attached is the sample I tried and the parser IBM XML4C 3.5.1 gives the following error.

Error at file "D:\Buysell.xml", line 4, column 135
   Message: The type 'xs:string' is a simple type. It cannot be used in a deriva
tion by RESTRICTION for a complexType

Can somebody tell me what is wrong with the schema and how can I fix it with the requirement described above. Please help out.

Regards,

Abhay.

Buy Music, Video, CD-ROM, Audio-Books and Music Accessories from http://www.planetm.co.in
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified">
	<xs:element name="BuySellInd">
		<xs:complexType>
			<xs:simpleContent>
				<xs:restriction base="xs:string">
					<xs:enumeration value="BUY"/>
					<xs:enumeration value="SELL"/>
					<xs:attribute name="elementID" type="xs:string"/>
				</xs:restriction>
			</xs:simpleContent>
		</xs:complexType>
	</xs:element>