Re: [xml-dev] Microsoft's deeply cynical appeal to"standards compliance"

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 03:31:27PM -0700, Joshua Allen wrote:
> Msn.com loads fine for me using Netscape 6.1, so it is apparently not an
> issue with "non-IE" browsers.

  I tried with galeon (Mozilla Gecko engine) and was told to go to hell.
  A colleague tried with Konqueror same thing, changed the browser to
fake an IE browser and everything displayed perfectly fine (except a small
change in the background).
  Just say you don't want people to get information on your site if they
don't pay the Microsoft Tax, but do not use standard compliance or "user
experience" as a lame pretext, it's not, Microsoft should try at least to
be honnest ! Of course they don't care anymore...

Daniel