RE: [xml-dev] Re: determining ID-ness in XML

> An alternative would be to have an attribute that declares the
> name of the attribute that is an ID attribute, say xml:idatt.

Aye.  One more vote for xml:idatt.  I prefer its value to be a list of zero
or more XML names.  Nested xml:idatt should override inherited list
completely.

One serious problem is the namespace issue which is further complicated when
dealing with a list of attribute names belonging to multiple namespaces.

Don Park