RE: [xml-dev] DOM or SAX: Sense and Sensibility

> I'm curious about this subject because
> I keep seeing people who learn just the barebones,
> get to DOM, then use it for everything.

I think for many inexperienced programmers, the imperative navigational
style, where their own program is in control and issues requests to other
subsystems, is the only model they really feel comfortable with. It's a
control thing, a perception that the job of the programmer is to tell the
computer what to do next.

Mike Kay