RE: [xml-dev] Caught napping!

Hi Linda

   -----------
       fully agree that we need to rigorously develop XML data modelling
    practicies, but without XML-based persistence solutions, this would be
    nothing more than
    an academic exercise.
--------
I disagree. We need a modelling theory, that allows us to focus on the logical modelling first. Then we need methods to map this logical model to some kind of physical storage. Be it a rdbms, xml-enabled rdbms, hierachical db, oodb or a 'native xml store'.

Without the logical modelling theory in place, we will never know whether the schema was sound and safe before we mapped it to physical storage.

Design first, then implement.

Best regard
JJ