From: Tom Bradford [mailto:bradford@dbxmlgroup.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 4:20 PM
To: Champion, Mike
Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Caught napping!

"Champion, Mike" wrote:
> Speaking of XML and database management systems, Fabian Pascal has
been
> reading the XML-DEV archives, and several of you now join me in having
been
> "outed" as Bozos, I'm afraid. See his current postings at
> http://www.firstsql.com/dbdebunk/xmldev1.htm and

http://searchdatabase.techtarget.com/tipsIndex/0,289482,sid13_tax284872,
00.h
> tml if your sense of self esteem is up to the challenge.
>
> The gist of his position seems to be that the world would be better
off
> building true relational DBMS systems and understanding their
fundamentals
> rather than fooling with XML.  (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, etc. are not
> considered relational databases, in case you aren't aware of the
precepts of
> Relational Fundamentalism).

Wow... Glad I'm not in his list of Bozos.  For as long as he's been
ranting about this stuff, I still haven't been able to figure out what
his point is, and what kind of bug crawled up his butt.

Any ideas?

--
Tom Bradford
The dbXML Project