RE: [xml-dev] So maybe ID isn't a problem after all.

Maybe nothing, except my wistful hope that we really can do this kind of
thing with WF XML syntax  rather than DTD syntax someday... this is
definitely not a Big Deal, just a nice little tweak that could prove useful
to those of us addicted to getElementById() in the HTML environment and too
constrained or lazy to mess with defining a DTD or schema just for the sake
of using this one feature in XML.  I think I can live with the DTD internal
subset solution ... that probably suffices for 80% of my own use cases until
the W3C can consider xml:id-ish enhancements in the Fullness of Time.