Re: [xml-dev] So maybe ID isn't a problem after all.

 Mike,

I know what you are getting at, but want to remind people that "well-formed
XML" _includes_ the internal DTD subset and hence all of this can be done
in-band. That said I do understand that many of us want to do this will
pointy brackets and so am sympathetic to the xml:id proposal.

What I am most definitely _not_ sympathetic to is defining a new non-pointy
bracket syntax (e.g. PI based) to accomplish something which is already
obtainable in XML 1.0 itself.

Jonathan