Re: [xml-dev] To do list relative to W3C XML Schema

Eric van der Vlist wrote:

> Just wanted to recap here some ideas and questions related to W3C XML
> Schema which, I think, would be interesting to pursue.
>
> 1) Little intrusive XML PSVI
> http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200110/threads.html#00556

This is a nice idea. Unfortunately, I see a couple of problems with it:

1) The result of a schema-validated document is no longer valid. This is
because the PSVI information wasn't specified in the original schema and
it is not realistic to expect people to include PSVI items in their
schema.

2) This requires all tools that accept schema-validated documents to be
smart enough to ignore the PSVI elements/attributes. It's not clear that
this is that much better than having to rewrite those programs to treat
(for example) xmlns attributes as namespace declarations, not
attributes.

-- Ron