Re: [xml-dev] W3C XML Schema is more than "close by default) (Re: [xml-dev] annotations outside validation)

Henry S. Thompson wrote:

> Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com> writes:
>

> True, but that (negating multiple namespaces) is a feature we nearly
> added just before going to REC, and probably will add in 1.1.

That's good news

>>The closest choice which you have (any namespace except the target)
>>cannot be used either since it would accept ns2 and break the Unique
>>Particle Attribution rule.
>>

> Not so.  The following is fine:
>
> <xs:element name="foo">
>    <xs:complexType>
>     <xs:sequence>
>      <xs:element ref="ns1:bar"/>
>      <xs:element ref="ns2:bar"/>
>      <xs:any namespace="##other"/>
>     </xs:sequence>
>    </xs:complexType>
>  </xs:element>

Yes (my mistake) but it's a dangerous game with multiple constraints and
the following would not be fine:

<xs:element name="foo">
  <xs:complexType>
   <xs:sequence>
    <xs:element ref="ns1:bar"/>
    <xs:element ref="ns2:bar" minOccurs="0"/>
    <xs:any namespace="##other"/>
   </xs:sequence>
  </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>