   Re: [xml-dev] Negotiate Out The Noise: (Was RE: SV: SV: [xml-de v]XML=

Dear Jonathan,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net>

> Even after reading your post I still agree with Simon. Lots of your
> unsupported opinions (I suppose one does what one is good at).

This is the second letter of this kind.  But I'm patient.

> I've read this message from beginning to end, but it just contains vague
> whining without any substence. If you think "RDDL but not the current
RDDL"
> is useful for some purpose, what specifically do you mean. I don't want to
> read rambling, rather a specific proposal. Certainly you must have
something
> in mind. Try to be constructive rather than destructive. Please.

The constructive thing as I see it is :

1. Read my 'summary' letter (with the RDDL subject )

2. Write me in private and provide me with the actual
problem you're solving or planning to solve
with the help of RDDL. By the 'actual problem'
I mean some repetitive real-life task. Something
real, like : "I run my homepage with RDDL". "I browse
the Web with RDDL". E t.c.  I'm sure that if I would
try hard,  I can explain  you what tasks are 'real' and
what are not. I just don't think we need to keep this
process happening on this list.

Rgds.Paul.

PS.

I think that when questioning my abilities to write
a (trivial)  bunch of code ( that's the 'constructive'
content of two of your letters ) - you overreact.

If that would be not on XML list (which is full
of special cases) I would think that you're very
junior, because such a  reaction would be expected
from junior developer.

I hardly believe that people who have,
say, 10+  years of hardcore coding (my resume
is available on the web) can provide such a reaction,
when somebody says that  their project is a joke.

1. That means that if your coding experience is <3 years,
I'd suggest you *not* write me at all.

2. If this letter is not constructive, then maybe I
don't know what is 'constructive'.

3. If to be 'constructive' the letter should be good
for RDDL ( and / or you )  - then I think we have a
different understanding of the word 'constructive' and
so you are also better not to write me.

I think in any other case you can write me and
then we may provide a summary for XML-dev.

Up to you.