   RE: [xml-dev] URI intents? (was: RDDL: Negotiate out the Noise)

Er, I confess to not having read the RDDL spec all that carefully.

Nonetheless, if I want a URI merely to identify my namespace, I shouldn't
have to resolve to something first. It's only an identifier, existing unto
itself.

I have read the Namespaces rec, and this problem of overloading URIs
occurred to me back then, as I read it. So it's not an RDDL problem, its the
overloaded usage problem that's quite classic and always leads to trouble
eventually.

Hence, the long RDDL and namespace threads. URI mean too many (conflicting)
things to too many people.