   Re: [xml-dev] Push and Pull?

 On Fri, 2002-01-25 at 17:14, Nicolas Lehuen wrote:
> SAXDOMIX [1] could be classified as semi-random-access,
> push-flow-control-interface. It enables you to parse a document in the SAX
> model, and switch when desired to the DOM model to build partial trees that
> are pushed into a controller. It is semi-random access because you have full
> random access on the partial trees, but sequential access between them.
>
> dom4j also implements this idea, in a less generic way (but much more simple
> and easy to use), and calls it 'tree pruning' [2].

Markup Object Events (MOE - http://moe.sourceforge.net) also supports
such access.  Events are reported serially, but events may listen to
following events in order to build a tree, which (likely after further
processing) may then be reported once again as events.

MOE can both accept and emit SAX events, as it evolved from work I'd
done on SAX filters.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!