   Re: [xml-dev] A heavier-weight proposal for character entity definition

Rewriting the XML Schema into something I can understand (:-)),
and applying Elliotte's corrections plus a few more,
it comes to this.  I don't know that this is more heavyweight
than my proposal, except in verboseness of conformant
markup.

datatypes xs = "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes";

ANY =   attribute * {text}* &
         element * {ANY}* &
         text

start = element characters {character* & ANY}

character = element character {
		attribute name {xs:token},
		attribute code {xml-codepoint},
		attribute source {xs:anyURI}?,
		ANY
		}

xml-codepoint =	xs:positiveInteger "9" |
		xs:positiveInteger "10" |
		xs:positiveInteger "13" |
		xs:positiveInteger params {
			minInclusive = "32"