   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Why REST? (RE: [xml-dev] WSIO- With Name)

Alaric Snell wrote:

> But therein lies the problem. It could spurt out a nice HTML page about me
> with pictures and everything, but all that static data can do is describe me.

That's all the Web does. Ship descriptions (formally known as
representations) of resources around. It does not move resources. I
can't download Google's database by trying every URI. All I can get are
representations of views of it.

 Paul Prescod