   Re: [xml-dev] canonicalization

At 7:18 PM -0500 3/3/02, Simon St.Laurent wrote:

>Then that leaves me wondering yet again whether XInclude is as good an
>idea as its promoters seems to believe.  Being _stuck_ with error
>information in the content of a document rather than an explicit warning
>seems like a pretty poor way to communicate that an error has occurred.

On a document level, it's easy to be draconian. Simply don't provide
any xinclude:fallback elements. Then a missing resource will be
fatal. The current draft doesn't provide any means to implement this
at the parser level though. This is  all new functionality in the
recently released CR, so if you don't like this make a comment to the
working group. (Personally, I think anything as major as this should
require a return to working draft status. Stuff like this should not
be added at CR.)

|             http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/bible2/              |