   Re: [xml-dev] canonicalization

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 03:52:39PM -0800, Tim Bray wrote:
> Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>
> > Then that leaves me wondering yet again whether XInclude is as good an
> > idea as its promoters seems to believe.
>

> Despite the fact that XInclude seems like an obviously-good idea, I
> do not observe a rush of implementations nor people complaining about
> the recommendation not being done.  I'm not sure, to be honest, if
> the world really eneds it.  I don't for any of my work.  -Tim

  I have at least one large user relying on it. They do DocBook
processing and XInclude allows to split the document like external
parsed entities. But the XInclude chunks can be DTD validated
directly contrary to entities. Seems a significant improvement for
them. They also validate the result of the XInclude processing
(since DocBook DTD doesn't have xi:include nodes).

Daniel