   Re: [xml-dev] Who can implement W3C XML Schema ?

[Jiri Jirat]

> Eee,
>   Xerces-J is not too bad, but I have spent many hours
> with the following example, trying to figure out, what's wrong:
>

> <AAA xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
> xmlns:jj="http://www.zvon.org/jiratj/";
> xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="correct_0.xsd"><jj:a/></AAA>
>
> schema (correct_0.xsd):
> <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
> xmlns:jj="http://www.zvon.org/jiratj/";
> xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";>
>       <xsd:element name="AAA">
>        <xsd:complexType>
>         <xsd:complexContent>
>          <xsd:restriction base="xsd:anyType"/>
>         </xsd:complexContent>
>        </xsd:complexType>
>       </xsd:element>
>       </xsd:schema>
>
> The schema should specify an element, which is empty, am I right?
> See:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#emptyContent
> and your article somewhere on XML.com :-)
>
> But both xsv and Xerces-J haven't say even "boooo!" and where happy :-(

XML Spy 4.3 also fails to validate your example.  It says that "only text
allowed inside element 'AAA'" .

xsv says "element AAA must be empty but is not undeclared element
{http://www.zvon.org/jiratj/}:a " .  I find that hard to intrepret.  There
seems to be a consensus that you can't have the jj:a element.

Jeff Lowery, how about explaining this for us?

Cheers,

Tom P