   Re: [xml-dev] WD for Namespaces 1.1

4/5/2002 9:41:55 PM, Marcus Carr <mcarr@allette.com.au> wrote:

>Was it Richard Tobin who said that the two won't be rolled together anyway? Is
>that definitive? (Apologies if that sounds as though I'm questioning the veracity
>of that posting - I'm just after confirmation.)

They won't be rolled together in the XML 1.1 or NS 1.1 specs. I think we're really
arguing about XML 2.0, for which lots of options seem to be open.  Tim Bray's
"skunk works" proposal, which has no official standing, merges namespaces into
XML (and tosses DTDs). http://www.textuality.com/xml/xmlSW.html  That has been
referred to the XML coordination group, as I understand it. Their archives are confidential,
but I think it's safe to assume that they have not taken any action yet.