   Re: [xml-dev] XHTML survival rate?

Simon St.Laurent wrote:

> Until and unless XHTML does more interesting things than HTML 4, I don't
> think it's going to go anywhere.  Web developers can't seem to get past
> the "why" question, and the W3C's seemingly obsessive fascination with
> validation and constraints is less than compelling to designers who have
> to explain to their clients why XHTML is worth the extra work.

So far the only usage that I have seen is XHTML views inside
of XML objects. That is where the data and the view are in the same XML
object. It's can't be displayed directly by most browsers, but a thin
layer allows applications to spawn off a browser and retain and process
the data from the view.

--
-
Doug Royer