   Re: [xml-dev] Will Web Services Kill HTTP?

> I honestly doubt we'll ever reach IPv6.  The widespread usage of NAT
> has reduced cry of "we're running out of address!" which as I understood
> it, was the main push behind IPv6.  We still might see things spun-off
> from IPv6 go into widespread usage, like IPsec, etc, but on top of IPv4.
> Else, maybe the net as a whole will do IPv6, but I think it'll be
> bridge to deskstops still doing IPv4.  Do you know how many applications
> will break if they are required to speak v6?
>
> -bob
you are probably right. as there are still TONS of servers that havn't moved
to http 1.1 yet.  Although, the latter at least is fully compatable with the
previous
version.

It will be interesting though. If the EU pushes through the IPv6 law forceing
ISP
in the EU to upgrade to IPv6 though.  So that it is consistant between normal
ISP;s
and the mobile internet.

Douglas