   Re: [xml-dev] Objections to / uses of PSVI?

In a message dated 15/05/02 13:44:47 GMT Daylight Time, jcowan@reutershealth.com writes:

> That's one reason that I asked how people intended to use the PSVI. I
> find it interesting that the answer has, so far, been silence.

Part of the problem may be that nobody knows what the PSVI is; there is
no specification of it anywhere except in XML Schemas part 1, where it is
hard to separate from the surrounding spec.  It would be very useful,
I think, for somebody to prepare a basic list of what all the new
info items and properties are, more or less in the style of the Infoset
Recommendation.

John,

You probably were looking for something more integrated but Appendix C.2 of XML Schema Part 1 provides a concise summary of what is included:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#outcomes

Of course, there isn't accompanying text or explanation in situ but at least it is easy to see the whole.

Andrew Watt