   RE: [xml-dev] Interesting mailing list & a rare broadside

  • To: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@comcast.net>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Interesting mailing list & a rare broadside
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 09:03:16 -0700

OK, I just talked to the dev about this and the bottom line is that
using the validateOnParse property turns on lax validation while using
the validate() method call utilizes strict validation. The primary
rationale for this is rooted in what James Clark pointed out in that
there is no way to specify what the root element should be in W3C XML
Schema.

I'll have to investigate if this is pointed out in our docs and if not
make sure they are updated.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Never eat yellow snow.