   Borrowed email address for virus

Good morning, everyone,

I've received a number of kind suggestions for how to clean up my machine
after it allegedly was the source of a virus early this morning.

Thankfully, I don't run MS-Outlook and my machine was powered off during
the onslaught (I got a hundred automatic filter message responses when I
retrieved my mail this morning) and it seems the virus borrowed my email
address from the infected machine, perhaps to disguise the source of the
infection.  I suspect someone on the list who has both my email address and
the XML-Dev email address in their address book should be looking to clean
up their machine.

All I can see from my copy of the header is that the origin was the machine
named "unknown".

I appreciate the time some people took to try and help me.

.................. Ken

(BTW, all mail I send has my trailer at the bottom ... if you don't see the
trailer then it wasn't from me)

--
Upcoming: 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSL-FO:Sep 30-Oct 4,2002
-       : 3-days XML Information Modeling:       Jul 31-Aug 2,2002

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0  +1(613)489-0999 (Fax:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                       Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-08-X   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-07-1                Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books (electronic, printed),
articles, training (instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
Next public training:             2002-06-04,07,10,11,13,14,07-31,
-                                          08-05,26,27,09-30,10-03