   Re: [xml-dev] How to declare a int variable in XSL

[Manos Batsis]

> From: Thomas B. Passin [mailto:tpassin@comcast.net]
> Not with xsl:for-each, though.  Position() would always be 1.

Nope, sorry. Although the position() function returns the index of the
current node *in the current node list*, the spec clearly says [1] that

"The expression must evaluate to a node-set. The template is
instantiated with the selected node as the current node, and with a list
of all of the selected nodes as the current node list. "

[Tom P]

Whoops, you're right.  I know I was thinking of something specific that
would always give position()=1, but now I can't remember what...

Tom P