   Re: [xml-dev] Can RDDL and RDF coexist?

Bill de hÓra wrote:

> You've already moved outside of RDF. RDF doesn't have any notion of
>  hyperlinking.

URIs embedded in XML making assertions about relationships is
"hyperlinking."

> ... That some RDF constants might have a retrievable RDF
> schema at the end of them is a happy coincidence (unless you're
> Patrick ;)

How could that be true for "rdf:About"?

> The thing to do is keep the code that reasons about the graph
> separate from the code that streams information into the graph.

It doesn't matter how you segment it.

> Throw an exception to the application, let the application figure
> out what to do (ie try a GET, page an admin), let it stream back
> triples to the graph. But do not have an RDF processor parsing into
> the URI refs, leave that to web code.

You haven't answered my question. Some piece of software stumbles upon
"eg:Document". It doesn't know about eg:Document yet. It knows a bunch
about eg:Work. eg:Document is a subclass of eg:Work, so everything it
knows about eg:Work should apply to eg:Document. How does it discover
the subclass relationship? I don't care how you segment it into rdf
processor and application.

 Paul Prescod