   RE: [xml-dev] W3C Schema: Resistance is Futile, says Don Box

> Aaron,
>   I suggest taking a look at the list of fallacious arguments[0]
> especially Argument By Authority[1]. Saying that some "experts" have
> endorsed a technology is not a way to argue its technical merits.

Fair enough, although I'm not sure it's exactly the same since these
"experts" represent us.

The fundamental problem is that we need to agree on a type system. The
next problem is that we have to decide via committee. As David Chappell
recently said "only a committee is capable of deciding something that is
dumber than any of its participants". What one group believes to be
technically solid, another group will find technically weak. The
situation has been the same with every Web-based technology including
HTTP. The power is in compromise.

-aaron