	From: Aaron Skonnard [mailto:aarons@develop.com]
	Sent: Mon 6/10/2002 8:15 AM
	To: 'Simon St.Laurent'
	Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
	Subject: RE: [xml-dev] W3C Schema: Resistance is Futile, says Don Box

	> ><snip/>
	> >The fact that the W3C has assumed XML Schema in layered specs like
	XPath
	> >2.0, XSLT 2.0, and XML Query (the original argument) says a lot about
	> >the technical merits considering the W3C process.
	>
	> Is that a complement to W3C XML Schema by way
	> of a complemement to the W3C,
	> or is that a slur to both, or neither?
	> I can read that one an enormous
	> number of different ways.

	Neither. :-)

	All I'm suggesting is that those working groups could have chosen not to
	build on XML Schema if they really believed it was severely flawed and
	there were better alternatives. I'm not saying that the W3C process nor
	XML Schema are perfect, but it makes sense for the Web services
	community to focus on XML Schema if we care about interoperable services
	any time soon.

	-aaron