   RE: [xml-dev] W3C Schema: Resistance is Futile, says Don Box

Deciding that supposedly layered technologies should become interdependent to the extent that a.) circular dependencies exist b.) no room is allowed for non-W3C technologies while c.) ignoring entire segments of XML users does not sound like decision making based on technical merits but for other reasons. Perhaps my choice of the term 'political' was incorrect. Indeed 'self preserving' and 'self perpetuating' are better words to use to describe the current W3C processes (at least in the areas I'm interested in which excludes XML Protocols and the Semantic Web).

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal opinion and does not reflect the intentions, opinions, plans or strategies of my employer. In fact, most of my co-workers sound just like Aaron Skonnard when I talk to them about the W3C.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Aaron Skonnard [mailto:aarons@develop.com]
	Sent: Mon 6/10/2002 8:01 AM
	To: Dare Obasanjo; 'Rick Jelliffe'; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
	Subject: RE: [xml-dev] W3C Schema: Resistance is Futile, says Don Box

	Wow! What politics would be of interest to the WG entity consisting of
	representatives from numerous competing organizations?

	If you're implying that individual organizations are playing politics,
	then of course I buy that but I find it hard to believe that
	representatives from individual organizations would have the skill to
	manipulate so many others.

	-aaron