   Re: [xml-dev] W3C Schema: Resistance is Futile, says Don Box

Dare Obasanjo wrote:

> When I said .NET users use this all the time, I was talking about data
> binding using XML Serialization. Although you are right to mention Web
> Services which I overlooked since I don't use them nor am I a member of
> the team that works on them.

BTW, Microsoft has done a good job of making sure you can use XML
without XML Schema, XML Schema without WSDL and WSDL without SOAP. Good
work! Others have been lazier and have made WSDL support part of a "SOAP
toolkit" which means you can only use WSDL with SOAP. And they've
implemented XML Schema only as a means of supporting WSDL, so you can
only use XML Schema with WSDL. Not only does this make certain service
configurations impossible, it confuses the hell out of the market. For
example, people think WSDL is part of SOAP.

 Paul Prescod