   Re: [xml-dev] SOAP, XSD, and HTTP

6/13/2002 4:57:46 AM, Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org> wrote:

>FWIW, I think we're a long way from victory.  I'm *very* happy with the
>changes we're making to SOAP 1.2 re GET, but they're only the tip of the
>iceberg as far as getting Web services folks to understand how REST can
>help them.

Yeah, I meant "victory" in the context of the W3C -- SOAP 1.2 allows RESTful web services and promotes
them as best practice, to a considerable extent.  The next challenge is to convince the tool vendors,
and then the actual users ... but the W3C can't do that for you!

So, OK "limited" victory ... but it's enough of a victory so that SOAP is now at least not an enemy of
REST, even if it's not a completely trustworthy friend.