   Re: [xml-dev] Come On, DTD, Come On! Thoughts on DSDL Part 9

Ronald Bourret scripsit:

> Note also that the current syntax of the NAMESPACE construct doesn't
> allow for a default namespace, which doesn't bother me a bit.

Well, that seems like boring and error-prone redundancy.  If all of
your 100 elements are in the same space, do you really want to
declare each and every one as X:foo, X:bar, and X:baz?  No, say I!

<!NAMESPACE #DEFAULT "urn:x-foo:bar"> is the way to go.

BTW, with or without quotes?  I say with, despite the redundancy.

--
John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com