   Re: [xml-dev] Come On, DTD, Come On! Thoughts on DSDL Part 9

John Cowan

> <!NAMESPACE #DEFAULT "urn:x-foo:bar"> is the way to go.
>
> BTW, with or without quotes?  I say with, despite the redundancy.

With quotes.  One advantage (if you want to call it that) is that is would
work with urls containing spaces.  How's that, you say, aren't spaces
supposed to be escaped?  Well, IE works with them, so if you pasted one with
spaces that you copied from IE, it would work right.

And yes to default namespace declarations.  Now - should the first default
namespace override any later ones?  If so, someone could repurpose an entier
DTD to another namespace.  Would that be good or bad?

Cheers,

Tom P