   Re: [xml-dev] Are there any tools that do some DTD introspection?

Daniel Shane wrote

> To phrase this generally, I would like a tool that at any point in the
> parsing I can query it to know what elements can start at this point.
>
> Does anybody know of a tool that can perform this?

Hi Daniel

Have you ever tried our XML Validator (available for free from
http://www.elcel.com/products/xmlvalid.html).  One of our aims when
developing the validator was that its error messages should be clearer and
more helpful than those from any other validator available at the time.  One
outcome of this goal is that when an invalid content model is detected, the
XML Validator reports a list of the elements that it was expecting at that
point in the document.  Our customers have said they find this feature
invaluable - especially for complex DTDs such as DocBook [1].

The XML Validator is actually just a driver for the event-based parser
contained within our C++ XML Toolkit.  Therefore this information is
available to any application that requires it.

If you would like further information please take a look at the product
details on our web site [2], or feel free to contact me directly.

Kind regards
Rob Lugt
ElCel Technology
http://www.elcel.com/