   Re: [dsdl-comment] Re: DSDL: use cases: namespace declaration notation

james anderson scripsit:

> The declarations need appear in only those places analogous to those in which they would have to appear within the document entity.
> Where they are declared as default values, these are the only declarations which are necessary.

But people are free to use unnecessary declarations, and sometimes do.
Trying to figure out, indeed, just where necessary declarations must
appear (unless you punt and put them all on the root element) is quite
difficult for unaided human brains in complex cases.

> I agree, that it is gratuitous to require that xmlns:* attributes be declared for an element to be valid. On the other hand,
> where they are declared, they must be reported as default values.

Then let us not permit their declaration at all!

--
John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com