   Re: [dsdl-comment] Re: DSDL: use cases: namespace declaration notation

John Cowan wrote:

> james anderson scripsit:
>
> > The declarations need appear in only those places analogous to those in which they would have to appear within the document entity.
> > Where they are declared as default values, these are the only declarations which are necessary.
>
> But people are free to use unnecessary declarations, and sometimes do.
> Trying to figure out, indeed, just where necessary declarations must
> appear (unless you punt and put them all on the root element) is quite
> difficult for unaided human brains in complex cases.

Is it more of a conceptual challenge to add an attribute declaration to the internal subset than it is to add a global namespace
declaration to the internal subset? The only difference is that the attribute declaration rquires that one must determine the
"root" element. I would have thought one needed to make that decision in order to encode the internal subset.

> > I agree, that it is gratuitous to require that xmlns:* attributes be declared for an element to be valid. On the other hand,
> > where they are declared, they must be reported as default values.
>
> Then let us not permit their declaration at all!

With which goal?